Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Cynthia Rowley Jacket 2443

Here's the jacket I recently made using Cynthia Rowley 2443. Full review at the bottom of the photos.



























Pattern Description: Misses' Dress with Knit Bodice and Jacket or Vest

Pattern Sizing: 6-14 ( I added a a bit more to the size 14 seam allowance to make it a tad roomier ).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, with the exception of no loop holes or ribbon ties, as I opted to leave it without.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I would say for the most part yes, however, when it gets to the sleeve cuff and slit/closure part, it gets pretty confusing. I thought I cut mine as the directions called for, but when I started sewing it up I noticed a much wider gap than the illustration was showing, so I had to overlap the closure slightly to top stitch it.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love the quarter length sleeves and the ring buckle closure detail, and the front facing. 

Fabric Used: I used a stretch denim I found a Joann's.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I'm going to add additional side ring buckle enclosures on the waist because it's a little baggy around that area, and I want it a tad more fitted. I also opted out of the front loops with ribbon ties, while I think it looks cute in the photo, I think it would look sloppy on me. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I might consider sewing it up again in a fun print, or bolder color. I do recommend it to anyone wanting to try sewing with denim. Just make sure to use a proper denim needle & you should be good to go. 

Conclusion: Overall I enjoyed making this jacket. It gave me pretty good practice on my top stitching. I had originally planned on topstitching it in my favorite turquoise color but I might do that if I ever make it in a white denim. 



No comments:

Post a Comment