Monday, August 16, 2010

The "Itty Bitty Baby Dress"

I couldn't resist making this "Itty Bitty Baby Dress" with a few scraps I put aside while cleaning out my scraps drawer. I used one of my signature colors -turquoise (although in this pic the skirt looks a bit more blueish ) and a fun red & white striped cotton print for the bodice. Then I sewed in a bright orange piece of piping in the middle just to give it another splash. I have a few friends having baby boys right now, so I'm not sure who's going to be the styling little gal who will get to wear this. It's really "itty bitty", most likely fitting a newborn or even a preemie. So, if you also can't resist this cuteness & would like to sew one up yourself, you can download the pattern for free from the Made-by-rae blog. It's a simple easy pattern you can complete in about one or two hours (depending on your skills), but either way you will love making one.

No comments:

Post a Comment