Sunday, October 5, 2014

Simplicity 1435

I had Simplicity 1435 in my stash for a while thinking I'd use it to make some leggings for my 3 year old, but decided to make View C of the dress with some changes. 

The pattern is sized for "stretch knits only" but I used about 1 3/4 of cotton, added a zipper on the back, & made it with a pleated style skirt instead of the single or double ruffled layer the pattern called for. I was quite pleased with how it turned out!


I found the cotton print at Joann's ( in a light turquoise blue with red cherry blossoms ), very adorable. 


I get asked a lot where I bought her shoes. They are from Gymboree. Red & white polka dots with a blue face. Very darling & one of her favorite pairs. 




I made this dress in a size 3. I personally thought it was slightly big on her. But my daughter really thinks it is perfect, as she prefers long dresses. Or as she would say "super long" please!



If you have this pattern or plan to get it, you will get a lot of use out of it for sure! I will most definitely be making a few more of these, & perhaps a few shirts & leggings too. And don't be intimidated to use other blends of fabrics, even though the pattern calls for "knits only". Just make sure to add either a zipper or buttons if you're not using a knit. 

If you're a beginner you should be able to finish this within a 4 hour window, no problem. I probably took an hour and a half or so, and of course you can too once you're confident cutting and sewing. 

And the best part of sewing this up as usual is the cost! Here's the breakdown:

Fabric ( on sale ): $5.50
Pattern (on sale ) $1
Zipper ( on sale )  $1
Total: $7.50

Hope you enjoyed this review & can use this pattern yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment