Friday, July 5, 2019

Simplicity 8342 Retro Halter Knit Top

Pattern Review for Simplicity 8342, scroll below photos. 






Pattern Description: Misses / Women's Knit Top
Pattern Sizing: 10-18. I cut a pattern size 14 and I am currently fitting into a size 8/10 in RTW.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I made View A & yes it looked exactly like the photo on the pattern. 

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions are pretty easy to follow. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I am still not sure about the front of the straps. The instructions said to hand stitch to the inside of the bodice facing, but I didn't like the way they looked finished. But I may have to put in a few more slip stitches from the inside of the bodice.

Fabric Used: I used a jersey/spandex fabric in a black & white stripe.  

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: No Alterations


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, this is a great pattern. Very fast & easy to sew up. I would actually love to make it into a below the knee snug fitting dress. And a cropped top with a pencil skirt would also be adorable in a Hawaiian print for those last minute Luao       . 


Conclusion: Fun, Fast, & Flattering on any figure. And the possibilities in fabric colors & pattern are endless. I love that it looks very retro too. Definitely a keeper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment