Friday, April 13, 2018

Cynthia Rowley 2406


I've been gone way too long & I'm excited to return to blog land! Instagram has been fun & convenient & I love the eye candy on there, but I do miss documenting more details of my sewing adventures. So here I'm sharing a Cynthia Rowley dress by Simplicity 2406 that I actually made about two summers ago and just now got around to asking my hubby to take some pics of me wearing it. It's a cute and flattering fit, and fun to wear. Hope you like it! My Pattern review can be found at the bottom of this post as also shared on the PatternReview Site. 

















Pattern Description: Misses Dress in Three Lengths with Sleeve variations. 
Pattern Sizing: 14-22 ( I originally made the pattern size 16 which is equivalent to a size 12 in women's clothing. But I'd like to size it down a bit since I've lost some weight since I made this dress ).

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I sewed up View B & Yes it looked just like the pattern envelope once it was completed!

Were the instructions easy to follow?The trickiest part for me I would say were the sleeves, and I consider myself an intermediate to advance sewist. I admit I goofed up and attached one of the sleeves incorrectly so I had to pick it apart & re do it, so you really have to pay close attention to the illustrations to make sure you attach the sleeves on the correct way.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I did not particularly like the open back specifically because it didn't seem to fit very flattering on me as it tends to open up a little wonky. I think the interfacing I used on the back portion was maybe a bit too thick which is why it doesn't drape as pretty. And although I love side pockets, I was not too happy with how low mine sat, but that's really because I did not take the time to experiment the most comfortable placement. 

Fabric Used: I'm not exactly sure if its a poly-sateen...I bought it a few years ago & had it in my stash. 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I did not attach a zipper to the skirt portion since I don't think it really needed it since the backside opens up making it easy to slip on. I also did not have enough to make a sash so I wear it with a belt. But I do think the matching sash would have been pretty. 

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?It's a lovely pattern & I bet many women would love it since it's an attractive style. But personally, I don't see myself making this exact view again. The sleeves traumatized me...just kidding! I'm just a little lazy sometimes when it comes to this particular lined sleeve. I have made View D before & it's a much easier make. 

Conclusion: Very stylish, and attractive style. & you will get lots of compliments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment