Sunday, March 30, 2014

Long Jeans to Capri's for Girly Toddlers

Can't believe it's been a whole year since I've updated my sewing blog! Been too busy having fun with my toddler. But I have been busy sewing too & I hope to make time to share more often. I miss the cyber sewing world!

Well to start off, my daughter is a girly girl, preferring to wear dresses, dresses, and more dresses. She's wanted nothing to do with jeans.....until this morning when all of sudden she said yes to wearing jeans "like daddy" she said! Yes, like daddy darling, then she pointed to my jeggings which fit just below my knees & she proceeded to say "like mami". Which gave me the opportunity to get a little sewing time before heading out to the beach. Here's the result!


This is a fairly simple way to "girlify" those jeans for your toddler if you have a girly girl such as mine. Just measure where you want the new jeans to fit, mark them with a pencil, then cut away. I ironed about 1/2" then another inch to create the new hem, and pinned it in place. Then you could either hem it using one row of stitches or double like I did & voila you have a new pair of cute capri jeans your tot will love!


No comments:

Post a Comment