Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Stitching for the Marriage Enrichment Ministry!

I was recently asked to help out with another ministry banner for a Marriage Enrichment Weekend Retreat that is held at our Parish twice per year. Since my hubby &  I have been a part of this ministry for several years, I am always glad to help other team members, especially if it involves sewing. This time around, the Decorations Team wanted a banner with vines & grapes etc., since they were going with an Italian/ Tuscany type of decor. So, with a limited budget, our job is to work together to come up with an attractive banner to hang during the weekend for the participants to enjoy. 
To see other banner's I've helped sew, you can view them on Flickr.



The Decorations Team purchased an inexpensive curtain panel that I used as a base to build on. It was cut down to measure approximately 4'x5'. 



It took about 8-10 hours ( by several couples ) initially to cut out all of the leaves, top-stitch them, cut out all the lettering ( using felt ) , & to hand -tack everything in place & basically prep it for me to permanently stitch it by machine. 




Then, once it was all tacked in place, it was ready for me to stitch it all in place. I'd say it took about 4-6 hours or so to get it all stitched. 

Here's a small video snippet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment