Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Pan Am Costume





















Ok.....so since I've been really into the new Pan Am series on ABC, I decided I'd make me a Pan Am outfit this past Halloween. I used a pattern for the skirt & for the jacket, but I had to make up my own pattern for the hat and the little side wing & overall I was happy with the result. I will be happy to share the tutorial for this soon. I purchased a few yards of this polyester blend fabric in Los Angeles a few months ago for an amazing $2 per yard! I was hoping to alter one of my husbands suits to make a pilot outfit for him, but I totally ran out of time. Maybe by next year I'll have it done & maybe even sew up that cool overnight bag those Pan Am girls carry.




pattern by Sew & Sew B5549 for the jacket



Pattern by Simplicity 5259 view D

No comments:

Post a Comment